Forever A Mystery...


An eternal thirst...

There is never an end to the questions we can ask. As it was said: SEEK and ye shall find...

Adsense Offers

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Reflections on time/Alone In The Forest(Fiction)

It has been theorized that time doesn't travel;We do.Time is like a forest and remains in place, forwards, backwards, from where we are. In short, we pass on our journey through the forest, with new scenes before us and the old, behind us, but it never changes. Standing in place, vibrating forever the same.
I must have made a wrong turn somewhere back there, because suddenly, I didn't know where I was. I had been down this road before, but now, things were all different. It seemed impossible, because there were no other roads I could have turned off on, still I seemed to be in a different place. To make things worse, it was starting to get dark.
I was just about ready to turn around and go back the other way, when I saw some lights a little ways up, and decided to stop and ask.
It was a small gas station, but the sign above it was something I hadn't seen in years; The sign of the 'Flying  Red Horse'. I was born in the 40s and gas station signs and a lot of things had changed since, but sure enough, that was what it was, and the station was open.
Like I said, I had been this way before , but I didn't remember ever seeing this filling station before. How could I have missed such an odd thing? Even the gas pumps were ancient; I wondered where they got their gas from? I needed gas, so I stopped st the pumps. When I looked at the price, I knew something wasn't right. It was leaded gas, and it was fifteen cents a gallon. The thought went through my mind; Where am I?
I had heard the bell ding when I pulled in , but couldn't believe it when the man came out to pump the gas.
He smiled and said, "Howdy! What can I do for you"?
I told him, "I need gas, but do you have any unleaded gas"? He just smiled and replied, "I know where you came from, they must have it, but not here...yet! What we have will work  for you, till you get back." His remark totally  confused me, but he seemed to realize the problem. He explained.
"You made a wrong turn; One that you couldn't see, but you are not where you are suppose to be, AND you are not the first to  do this. About 5 miles back up the road you will be back in your own time." He laughed and told me this had happened many times before, but if I followed his instructions I would find my way back.
I paid the man what I owed him and thanked him and told him I didn't understand. "Not suppose to...but follow my directions and you can think about it later". Again he laughed heavily, waved and disappeared back into the station.
I turned back the way I came and sure enough, I soon found unleaded gas stations. My head was spinning. I felt funny, but now I knew where I was. What I can't get out of my mind; Where had I been?

No comments:

Post a Comment